Russia is a popular destination for medical students from all over the world. Russia has attracted the most international students due to its high medical university standards and low cost of living. According to the World Health Organization, Russia has supported 30 of the top 100 medical universities. Recognized by the World Health Organization and the Medical Councils of various leading countries.
Alumni of Russian Medical University are now working in some of the world’s most prestigious hospitals. In comparison to other countries, the Russian Ministry of Health and Education charges a very low fee, making Russia a popular choice. Twelve of Russia’s 57 medical universities offer MBBS programs in English.
Russian medical universities rank very high in international rankings, making Russia a very appealing option. There are numerous factors to consider when choosing Russia for MBBS.
- A well-known Alumni family from Russian Medical Universities demonstrates the international standing of Medical studies.
- The World Health Organization and the Medical Councils of leading countries such as the United States of America, the United Kingdom, the Middle East, Australia, India, and Canada recognize Globally Affiliated and Accredited Universities.
- Because the Russian government funds the majority of universities, the fee structure is very affordable and standardized.
- In terms of infrastructure, technological advances, and lecturers, universities are very well equipped.
- There are numerous exciting career opportunities available after completing medical studies.
- The duration of MBBS in English Medium is 6 years. Students can also pursue a 7-year MBBS in Russian Medium with an additional year of Russian Language Training (Preparatory Faculty).
- Affordability and feasibility of study- The Russian government provides a 70% subsidy for MBBS courses at Russian universities. In Russia, the average MBBS fee ranges from 2.5 to 5 lacs per year.
- High FMGE Result- The majority of Russian universities offer MCI Screening Test Coaching on campus. As a result, graduates performed admirably in the FMGE exam, establishing themselves among the best hospitals and industries in India and abroad.
- Goal-Oriented Learning- MBBS in Russia features methods of imparting education in a regulated and streamlined manner that focuses on extensive skill development in the specialities chosen by the student.
The Top 6 Universities in Russia for Medical Sciences and MBBS.
Here is a list of the top 6 universities in Russia, according to the QS World University Rankings by Subjects.
- Ulyanovsk State University is the most prestigious research university in Ulyanovsk, Russia. If you want to be a doctor, It is a great place to get your MBBS.
- As Ulyanovsk State University provides high-quality education at an affordable cost to international students, it opens up a wider range of opportunities with globally recognized medical degrees.
- Ulyanovsk State University is a public university from 1988. University has begun its admissions process, and you must submit your application forms by July 15th.
- The Bashkir State Medical University. Established in 1932, in the Republic of Bashkortostan as a centre of Pharmaceutical and Medical Sciences.
- Bashkir State Medical University’s campus began with only one faculty, the Faculty of General Medicine, and has since grown to include five more faculties.
- The World Federation for Medical Education now lists the University.
- Kazan State Medical University trains experts in various fields of medicine for ten republics and the Ural region. According to the results of a medical school ranking.
- Kazan State Medical University (KSMU) ranks 16th out of 86 other universities.
- Established in 1814, making it the city’s second university and Russia’s third medical university.
- ASMU (Barnaul, Western Siberia, Russia) is a federal state-funded educational institution of higher professional education.
- Altai State University, established in 1973, was the forerunner of classical education in the Altai Region.
- Kazan (Volga region) Federal University, founded in 1804, is Russia’s second oldest university.
- It is operating for more than 200 years.
- The Kazan Federal University Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology began offering MBBS courses in 2013.
- It is now Tatarstan’s primary educational centre.
- Crimean Federal University is a century-old higher education institution with a vast network of academic and research facilities.
- Over 24,000 students attend the university, including over 4,000 international students from more than 45 countries.
- Originals or photocopies of a school leaving certificate (High school diploma).
- Academic records, originals or copies (transcript with the list of studied disciplines and marks).
- 2 photos (34) and a copy of the first two pages of your passport or ID with a notarized translation into Russian.
Cost of medical programs in Russia
Medical study in Russia is a very simple and feasible procedure because no entrance examinations are required. Furthermore, the MBBS fee in Russia is low because the Russian government heavily subsidizes education. Russian Medical Universities are registered in the World Health Organization and the Medical Council of India, so a student who receives an MBBS degree from Russia is eligible to practice anywhere in the world, including India. The study standards are very appreciable with fully furnished lodging facilities. International students are also taught Russian, which allows them to communicate more effectively with patients during their medical practice.
Eligibility criteria for studying medicine in Russian Universities?
A candidate must have graduated from a recognized high school in his home country. The cut-off varies depending on the university’s ranking, but a minimum of 50% in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics is required to get into top-tier universities. Candidates must also pass the entrance exams administered by the universities.
What is the duration of studying MBBS in Russia?
The duration of MBBS In Russia in English is of 6 years. Students can also pursue an MBBS in Russian Medium, which lasts 7 years plus 1 year of Russian Language Training (Preparatory Faculty).
What is the cost to study MBBS in Russia?
A medical degree in Russia is not expensive, especially if you come from a Western country. Tuition in Russian medical schools is kept low in comparison to Europe and the United States by a decision of the Russian Federation’s Ministry of Science and Higher Education. The amount by Russia’s lower per capita spending power in comparison to other countries.