The National Board of Examination for Medical Sciences (NBEMS) has announced the important dates for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) in December 2022, which will take place on September 9, 2022. Students are advised to consult the issued Information Bulletin, which is available on the NBEMS official website.
According to the information bulletin, applications for FMGE Dec 2022 will be available to students beginning at 3:00 PM and will remain open until September 29th, 2022. During this time, eligible students must complete the application process by submitting all required documents and information.
How Do I Apply For FMGE December 2022?
- Navigate to the NBEMS official website and select the FMGE window.
- Click on the FMGE Dec 2022 Application link on the right side.
- Complete the new user registration and remember the password.
- Complete all of the details as directed, step by step.
- Submit your application after paying the application fee.
- Take a printout of the completed application.
- Edit the details/documents as needed, depending on the options available in the edit window.
Criteria for Applying for FMGE in December 2022
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen or an Indian Overseas Citizen.
- The candidate must have a primary medical qualification that has been confirmed by the Indian Embassy as a recognized qualification for enrolment as a medical practitioner in the country where the institution awarding the qualification is located.
- The final examination results for the aforementioned primary medical qualification should have been declared on or before October 31, 2022.
- Candidates must submit proof/documentary evidence that clearly establishes that the final examination result for such a primary medical qualification was declared on or before the cut-off date, which is October 31, 2022.
- The candidate must have obtained a ‘Eligibility Certificate’ from the National Medical Commission (or the erstwhile Medical Council of India) in accordance with the ‘Eligibility Requirement for Undergraduate Medical Admission in a Foreign Medical Institution Regulations, 2002’.
- Candidates are therefore advised to apply for FMGE only if they have all of the required documents, including the Eligibility Certificate (if applicable) and the Provisional Pass Certificate/ Degree Certificate of their Primary Medical Qualification duly apostilled/ attested by the Indian Embassy concerned.
- Before applying for FMGE, candidates should review the Screening Test Regulations, 2002 and all amendments, Graduate Medical Education Regulations, and Eligibility Certificate Regulations to ensure their eligibility for registration as a medical practitioner in India.
- Candidates who have been issued admit cards for the examination are only provisionally eligible, and if ineligibility is discovered at any stage of the FMGE, the candidature is canceled, even if the result has been declared and/or the Pass Certificate has been issued.